Supporting Civil Society and International Action
A thriving, independent civil society is an essential element for a healthy democracy. Repressive governments seek to exercise control over civil society by establishing burdensome registration processes as well as adopting restrictive laws aimed at criminalizing certain sources of funding or specific activities.
Freedom Now documents attempts to restrict civil society and provides trainings to build the capacity of local activists. We also advocate for the strengthening of international institutions to empower civil society.
Enforcing the Rule of Law
- Azerbaijan's Implementation of European Court JudgementsJune 1, 2021
- Prospective Strategic Litigation in Azerbaijan June 1, 2021
- UN Mechanisms ManualMay 2019
- Vietnam's Use of Law as a Weapon Against Civil Society
November 16, 2018
- Repression Beyond Borders - Exiled Azerbaijanis in Georgia
September 29, 2017
- Breaking Point AzerbaijanMay 12, 2015
Donate Today and Help Free a Prisoner of Conscience
Can you imagine a doctor being imprisoned just for treating a patient, or a journalist detained simply for publishing an article critical of his government?