Washington, DC: The United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention has issued its opinion that the Government of Indonesia is in violation of international law by detaining Filep Karma. The Working Group calls on the Government of Indonesia to immediately release the human rights advocate.
- Kazakhstan: Freedom Now Condemns Treatment of Imprisoned Labor Activist July 9, 2021
- All Style and No Substance? Uzbekistan’s Rebranding is Hollow without Human Rights July 2, 2021
- India: UN Declares Detention of Human Rights Activist GN Saibaba to be a Violation of International Law June 17, 2021
- Designations of “Undesirable Organizations” by Russia Must End June 4, 2021
- Kazakhstan: UN Declares Detention of Labor Activist Erzhan Elshibayev to be a Violation of International Law June 2, 2021