Washington, DC: The United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention has issued its opinion that the Government of Indonesia is in violation of international law by detaining Filep Karma. The Working Group calls on the Government of Indonesia to immediately release the human rights advocate.
- Iran: UN Declares Detention of Christian Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani to be a Violation of International Law February 22, 2021
- Jailed Professor G.N. Saibaba’s Life at Risk after Testing Positive for COVID-19 February 19, 2021
- Kazakhstan: Freedom Now and McKool Smith File UN Petition on behalf of Activist Alnur Ilyashev February 16, 2021
- Saudi Arabia: Women’s Rights Activist Loujain Alhathloul Released from Prison February 10, 2021
- Sri Lanka: Charges Against Author Shakthika Sathkumara Are Dropped February 9, 2021