Washington, DC: The UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention finds Muhannad Al-Hassani’s imprisonment in violation of international law. Mr. Al-Hassani was released from prison as part of a general amnesty by the Syrian government on June 2, 2011. The Syrian government targeted Mr. Al-Hassani for his defense of democracy activists and political prisoners and his criticism of Syria’s Supreme State Security Court (SSSC).
- Kazakhstan: UN Declares Detention of Eight Muslim Men a Violation of International Law October 15, 2021
- Turkmenistan: Freedom Now Petitions UN on Behalf of Lawyer Pygamberdy Allaberdyev October 13, 2021
- Program Officer September 29, 2021
- Kazakhstan on the Human Rights Council: An Opportunity to Fulfill Neglected Promises September 28, 2021
- Morocco: Mohamed al-Bambary Released from Prison September 27, 2021