Washington, DC: The UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention finds Muhannad Al-Hassani’s imprisonment in violation of international law. Mr. Al-Hassani was released from prison as part of a general amnesty by the Syrian government on June 2, 2011. The Syrian government targeted Mr. Al-Hassani for his defense of democracy activists and political prisoners and his criticism of Syria’s Supreme State Security Court (SSSC).
- India: Human Rights Organizations Call for Release of Imprisoned Academic G.N. Saibaba January 13, 2021
- Advocacy Director January 11, 2021
- Freedom Now Condemns Sentencing of Women’s Rights Activist Loujain Alhathloul December 28, 2020
- Uzbekistan: Stop Punishing Homosexuality and Respect the Human Rights of All December 10, 2020
- Kazakhstan: Freedom Now and KIBHR File UN Petition on behalf of Eight Muslim Men December 7, 2020