Freedom Now is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant for 16 hours per week to support its work on behalf of individual prisoners of conscience and issues relating to arbitrary detention and rule of law. This position reports to the Program Director and will deliver direct administrative support to staff members as well as the board of directors.
This position will be staffed in our Washington, DC office, with work to be done remotely until further notice. The salary for this position will be $15/hour.
Interested candidates should submit a resume (CV), cover letter, and short writing sample to khorberg [at] freedom-now [ dot ] org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by December 17, 2021. Due to the high volume of qualified applicants, we will only be able to follow-up with individuals who have been selected for an interview.
- Receive and track bills;
- Obtain necessary approval for payments;
- Conduct basic bookkeeping entries;
- Manage office mail;
- Liaise with contractors and outsourced services such as accounting and IT. Research new contractors and service providers if necessary;
- Coordinate and arrange staff travel;
- Order supplies;
- Work with the Executive Director to schedule and coordinate board meetings;
- Draft and edit social media posts and fundraising materials;
- Prepare website updates;
- Develop and manage fundraising tracking documents;
- Prepare correspondence; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred;
- At least one year of prior experience providing administrative support to a non-profit organization;
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Ability to balance and prioritize tasks;
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Bookkeeping experience, particularly with Quickbooks;
- Fluency with social media and managing social media accounts. Experience with WordPress and basic website design preferred;
- Sound judgement and integrity on handling sensitive and confidential issues;
- Passion for human rights
Though a small office, Freedom Now is committed to creating a diverse and supportive work environment for our employees, volunteers, and partners. Freedom Now does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, socio-economic status, political affiliation, or any protected characteristic.